DAIRY AGRICULTURAL TECHNICIAN Location: Deniliquin, NSW 2710 Tenure: Full-time, Permanent Comprehensive salary package from $70,000 pa (plus superannuation)
Required Qualification: • Diploma in Agriculture or higher equivalent • At least 3 years recent relevant work experience’
Duties of Position:
As a dairy equipment technician, you will be responsible for the installation, routine service, emergency
service, scheduled service and analytical system analysis for all types of dairy equipment.
- Installation of new dairy equipment
- Perform routine maintenance and servicing of dairy equipment
- Perform emergency service and breakdowns on dairy equipment
- Enjoy technical activities
- Physically fit
- Strength to handle materials, tools and machines
- Able to work in a team
- Able to work independently
- Excellent communication skills
Key Selection Criteria:
- Electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Welding experience
Qualifications and Licences Required:
- Drivers Licence
On behalf of our client, Global Skilled Employment Services is looking for a skilled and experienced Agriculture Technician / AI Technician who have strong communication skills, self-motivated and must have the ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Major duties includes:
• Artificially inseminate livestock for breeding purposes
• Use understanding of animal anatomy to watch for optimum insemination conditions
• Provide advice on breeding selection and techniques
• Maintaining and evaluating records of all insemination history
• Clean all equipment to ensure sanitary breeding practices
• Vaccinate animals when needed • Handle animals humanely
• Store semen to perform the insemination
• Follows proper safety protocols when handling hazardous materials, such as liquid nitrogen
• Physically observe and inspect all animals and Identify harmful pathogenic micro-organisms, insects, parasites, or fungal infection and perform the proper treatment and controlling methods,
• When working with livestock, adhere to Animal Welfare and Qualify Codes.
• Observation for the wellbeing of animals
• Organizing the movement of the animals for breeding purpose.
• Report regularly and punctually to the operations manager on the breeding activity of the farm
• Work effectively as a member of a team to achieve pre-determined team goals.
• Attend and participate in site and section head meetings, which may be arranged from time to time by the operations manager.
• Ensure that the company’s obligations under the current legislation are observed and that quality training and work activities are conducted in a safe and responsible manner.
• Maintain the Farm facilities and associated equipment in a clean and tidy condition.
• Observe all requirements for confidentiality of company information and the privacy requirements of individuals as enacted by legislation such as the Privacy Act.
• Observe all company biosecurity requirements
• Ensure compliance with relevant legislation, statutes and government guidelines.
• Promote the good standing of the company in the local and wider community by the adoption of a professional, sympathetic and co-operative approach when dealing with others.
• Undertake any other duties or specific tasks that may be nominated by the assistant or operations manager from time to time.
• This is a full-time position which may involve weekend work and some unplanned hours of work where the need arises.
Other required skills:
• Good written and verbal communication skills; • Advance knowledge in animal husbandry, animal welfare and legislation, dairy production, and OH&S; • Knowledge in computer programs/software is an advantage.
Qualified applicants may apply online.
- Why are you the right candidate for this role?
TO APPLY VISIT: DIARY TECHNICIAN JOB VACANCIES IN THE UK
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!