Are you a student or a young writer? Want to create change by writing and highlight issues? Then enter the SME Youth Essay Competition and bring change through your writing skills.
It is an opportunity for youth to present their thoughts and perspective to the key stakeholders and other important authorities in Enterprise, entrepreneurship, and SMEs. The SME youth essay competition is a combined initiative of the Director Generals of single markets, industry, entrepreneurship, and SMEs. This is the 6th year of SME youth competition, and every time it comes up with a different question to be answered by the youth.
Guideline for essay writing:
The essay is based on sustainable startups in the future. You have to think the following things before starting the essay “what a sustainable startup looks like in 2030, the skills and competencies of its employees, what has been the impact of Covid-19 on the startup and how have they overcome it and lastly is there any support in their process of digitalization and sustainability.”
Now you have to write an essay about three distinct entrepreneurs setting up their journey of becoming a sustainable startup in the coming time. Discuss their struggles, needs, the skills, competencies, and strategies required by them in their journey of sustainability, and lastly, how they succeed.
Question for the essay:
- What do SMEs need to become sustainable and resilient in the context of Covid-19 and other Global challenges?
- Think about the competencies and skills needed in the future for an entrepreneur, describe three promising and sustainable startups in 2030.
Here are more details about the SME youth essay competition
Financial coverage: Fully Funded
Deadline: September 26, 2021
Eligibility Criteria :
Here are the criteria to enter the SME youth essay competition:
- The language of the essay should only be English.
- Age limit: 18-25 only individuals from the European Member States or COSMO partner countries.
- The maximum word limit is 2500.
- One essay is allowed by one applicant only.
- The three finalists will get the opportunity to attend and present at the SME assembly to more than 500 assembled delegates.
- Training will be provided to the finalist before their presentation at the SME Assembly.
- The essays will be promoted across all the SMEs’ commination channels.
- Finalists will be granted a trip to the 2021 SME assembly in Slovenia.
- Follow the link to apply for the SME youth essay competition.
- After the SME week, the three finalists will be announced in October, and the three of them will be entered the Grand finale at the SME assembly, where they have to present their essays.
- The final winner will be based on public voting.