A Data Entry Clerk is a professional responsible for transferring paper formats into computer files or database systems. They handle typing in customer information provided directly into an electronic format, creating spreadsheets with large numbers of figures. Attention to detail is essential, as mistakes can lead to more significant problems within a company.
We are looking for a Data Entry Clerk to type information into our database from paper documents. The ideal candidate will be computer savvy and a fast typist with a keen eye for detail. You will report to a data manager or another senior data team member. Understanding of data confidentiality principles is compulsory.
The company will rely on you for having accurate and updated data that are easily accessible through a digital database.
- Transfer data from paper formats into computer files or database systems using keyboards, data recorders or optical scanners
- Type in data provided directly from customers
- Create spreadsheets with large numbers of figures without mistakes
- Verify data by comparing it to source documents
- Update existing data
- Retrieve data from the database or electronic files as requested
- Perform regular backups to ensure data preservation
- Sort and organize paperwork after entering data to ensure it is not lost
Requirements and skills
- Proven experience as data entry clerk
- Fast typing skills; Knowledge of touch typing system is strongly preferred
- Excellent knowledge of word processing tools and spreadsheets (MS Office Word, Excel etc.)
- Working knowledge of office equipment and computer hardware and peripheral devices
- Basic understanding of databases
- Good command of English both oral and written and customer service skills
- Great attention to detail
- High school degree or equivalent
Fixed term contract x 3 (September to November) Data Entry Clerk
|18 July 2023
|£10.42 per hour
|Additional salary information:
|£10.42 an hour
|30 July 2023
|Leeds, LS2 9AE
Working as part of a team to ensure that data is input correctly onto the Practice database. Ensuring that the Patient registration process is correctly undertaken. Must be able to use a computer and understand basic MS office packages and understand basic databases. Part of the role will be to maintain confidentiality at all times.
God Bless And All The Best !!