17 March 2023
We are looking for committed, passionate and talented individuals to form part of control immigration officer : INSPECTORATE a new leadership team, equipped with the right skills to deliver a modern world-class service. If you are committed to delivering on the National Development Plan’s (NDP’s) priorities, ascribe the Department’s shared value set, have what it takes to serve the needs of South African citizens, residents and visitors, and your credentials meet the requirements of any of the following positions, kindly respond before the closing date.
The Department of Home Affairs is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is our intention to promote representivity (race, gender, disability) through the filling of these positions.
ALSO READ: X45 Open Jobs at the Mpumalanga Department of Education for South Africans Apply Now (Closing Date: 23 March 2023)
Applications must be –
- sent to the correct address specified at the bottom of the last post, on or before the closing date;
- submitted on the new Application for Employment Form (Z.83), obtainable at www.gov.za;
- accompanied by a comprehensive CV, citing the start and end date (dd/mm/yr) of each employment period to be
- considered, including the details of at least two contactable employment references (as recent as possible);
- shortlisted candidates will be required to submit a copy of their ID document, a valid driver’s license (if specified as a
- job requirement), as well as the relevant highest educational qualifications, on or before the day of the interview.
- Applicants who possess (a) foreign qualification(s), must also submit the evaluated results of such qualifications, as
- received from the South African Qualifications Authority (SAQA); and
- In the filling of entry level positions, preference may be given to unemployed youth / graduates, and / or who have
- successfully completed their respective skills development programmes, who satisfy the inherent requirements of the post
- and reside within close proximity to the office where the post is based.
- Shortlisted Candidates will be subjected to an interview;
- Candidates potentially considered suitable after the interview, will be subjected to employment suitability checks (credit,
- criminal, citizenship, employment references and qualification verifications).
- Appointed persons will be required to –
- serve a prescribed probation period; and
- obtain security clearance appropriate to the post and within the prescribed time frame
POST 1 : CONTROL IMMIGRATION OFFICER: INSPECTORATE, (6 POSITIONS)
SALARY LEVEL : A basic salary of R331 188 to R390 129 per annum (Level 8). In addition, a range of benefits are offered.
CENTRE : Eastern Cape: Large Office: Gqeberha (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2a
CENTRE : Eastern Cape: Large Office: Lusikisiki (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2b
CENTRE : Gauteng: Medium Office: Roodepoort (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2c
CENTRE : KwaZulu-Natal: Medium Office: Eshowe (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2d
CENTRE : KwaZulu-Natal: Large Office: Amajuba (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2e
CENTRE : Limpopo: Large Office: Giyane (1 Post)
REF NO : HRMC 16/23/2f
• An undergraduate qualification in Law / Public Administration / Management / Social
Sciences at NQF level 6 as recognized by SAQA
• 2 years’ experience in a law enforcement
• Knowledge of the South African Constitution
• Knowledge of Refugee Act and
the Immigration Act
• Knowledge of the Public Service Regulatory Framework
• Knowledge and understanding of all Acts Administered by the Department • Knowledge of International
• Knowledge and understanding of Criminal Prosecution Act
• Knowledge of Human
Resource Regulatory Framework
• Liaison and interpersonal skills
• Problem solving Skills
•Customer orientation, planning and organizing
• Strong analytical skills
• Computer literacy, written and verbal communication skills
• Diplomacy, honesty and integrity
management and resolution
• A valid driver’s license and willingness to travel.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, amongst others, the following specific tasks:
• Supervise, administer and enforce the detection, tracing, arrest and detention of illegal
foreigners within the country
• Ensure effective investigation of cases involving smuggling of
migrants, human trafficking and illegal mass production of enabling documents such as birth
certificates, travel documents, permits, visas, identify documents and theft of face value
• Administer deportation operations and records of foreigners in the country
•Ensure all deportations are conducted humanely
• Ensure the implementation of policies and
• Maintain relationship with various internal and external stakeholders
•Administer human and physical resources within the Unit.
Eastern Cape: Mr S Mapukata, Tel No: (043) 604 6418
Gauteng: Mr P Mlangeni, Tel No: (011) 242 9039
KwaZulu-Natal: Ms N Tshezi, Tel No: (033) 845 5003
Limpopo: Mr J Kgole, Tel No: (015) 287 2802
More info visit department of home affairs website
God bless and All the best !!