Carpenters are skilled artisans who construct, erect, instal and renovate structures made of wood and other materials, ranging from kitchen cabinets to building frameworks. They work in various areas of construction.
Our company is looking for an experienced Carpenter to join our construction and maintenance team. You will instal floors, ceilings, window frames, door frames, doors, and interior and exterior trims in this role. You will be responsible for accurately following plans and blueprints, ensuring accuracy and reducing waste, meeting safety standards, building cabinets and framework, moving materials between job sites, and inspecting your work. The ideal candidate will have at least three years of experience in residential or commercial carpentry, in-depth knowledge of safe working practises, and an ability to read building plans, sketches, and diagrams.
ALSO READ: Update 2023 List Of Highest Paying Jobs in USA (with Salary Scale )+ 6000 Sponsorship Jobs
- Reading blueprints and sketches to understand specifications and requirements
- Cutting, shaping, assembling, and sanding doors, frames, and cabinets
- Laying out flooring
- Taking measurements and making size and quantity calculations
- Communicating with other construction professionals
- Working without supervision, following safety guidelines
- Three years of experience in residential or commercial carpentry
- Ability to understand blueprints and diagrams
- Knowledge of construction health and safety
- Proficiency in using manual and electrical tools and equipment
- Good maths skills
- Excellent hands-on experience with all carpentry techniques
Building Trades (Trades & Services)
NZD30 – NZD45 per hour
We are currently seeking experienced Builders/Carpenters to join our team in Auckland. Our clients specialise in high-quality construction projects and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about delivering exceptional results.
- Reading and interpreting building plans and blueprints
- Measuring and cutting materials to the required specifications
- Constructing and installing structures and fixtures, such as windows, frames, floorings, and roofs
- Maintaining a safe and clean worksite
- Collaborating with other tradespeople and contractors to ensure project completion
- At least 3 years of experience in building and construction
- Experience in residential and/or commercial construction
- Ability to read and interpret building plans and blueprints
- Excellent math and measurement skills
- Good communication and teamwork skills
- Valid driver’s license and own transportation
What you get in return:
- Leading market rates – we pay you what you are worth, on time every week
- Work on contract or wages – you decide
- Real career opportunities and growth
- Work for a company that cares about you and your safety
Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs.
God Bless And All The Best !!