Barber Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship 2023 : Australian hairdressing and beauty services industry to grow at a stable rate of 9.6 percent over the next five years. Barbers and Hairdressers are currently in high demand in Australia because The market size of the Hairdressing and Barber Franchises industry in Australia has declined by 3.8% per year on average between 2017 and 2022. According to another report Barber and Hairdressing Industry in Australia declined faster than many other businesses in the last five years.
The great reason behind this decline is a shortage of skilled barbers and hairdressers. As there are always two sides to the coin, this shortage is a blessing for foreign workers. With Barber/ Hairdressing being on the list of Shortage Skills Occupation, foreign workers are summoned through employer’s visa sponsors to fill these shortages and bottlenecks. In this post, we will try to answer your every query about Barber Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship like visa sponsor types, job requirements, minimum salary, etc. Make sure to stay tuned!
What are the requirements of a Barber/ Hairdresser Job with Visa Sponsorship?
- IELTS 5.5
- Certificate III in Barbering or equivalent with job training.
- Three years Barbering Apprenticeship or equivalent.
- 2 years job experience or 3 years formal training without job experience.
- General Sponsorship requirements like police clearance, health documents, language certificate, etc.
- You must be minimum 18 years of age.
What are the Visa Sponsorship Options for a Barber/ Hairdresser?
491, or 190 Visa Sponsorship. 190 Sponsorship gives you permanent residency application rights while 491 is a temporary visa.
What is the national minimum wage for a Barber/ Hairdresser Visa Sponsor?
Your employers used to pay a minimum of AUD 70,000 per year for three years to get migrants eligible for a 191 Permanent Residence visa, but now there is no minimum income condition for a 491 visa. A controversy arose regarding 491 wage requirements as the figures were upraised from AUD 53,000 to AUD 70,000. However, if you get a temporary work visa sponsor in the form of a Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, then your employer must fulfill the minimum salary requirement of AUD 53,900 per year.
What are the typical working hours for a barber or hairdresser?
Most salon businesses are self employment. So, a person is his/ her own boss. But to come to Australia as a barber, you need to work in an Australian salon. So, the average working hours are 6-8 hours per day for 6 days a week. Depending upon the workload, sometimes holidays or weekends are also turned on.
What are the typical job duties of a barber?
- Cutting, Trimming, Fading, and Coloring Client’s hair as he requires.
- Grooming Hair and Beard.
- Hair and Beard Styling.
- Fitting hair pieces.
- Using chemical solutions and styling tools.
- Sanitizing combs, scissors, razors, and other instruments after every use.
- Providing face, scalp, and neck massages.
- Settling Payments.
What are the additional employee benefits offered to visa sponsored barbers?
- Above Market Rate Salary.
- Superannuation scheme.
- Friendly Working Environment.
- Part-time and Full-time Job Opportunities.
- Job Security.
How to Apply for Barber Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship?
Here is the link to a complete guide about Barber/ Hairdresser jobs by top Australian Immigration Specialists, with the link for your Barber/ Hairdresser Jobs application.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!