EMTs are medical personnel who respond to emergencies and stabilize patients before they are taken to a hospital. An EMT is an entry-level patient care provider, followed by an EMT-Intermediate in some states and then by a paramedic. Also known as Emergency Medical Technician or EMT Basic.
NHS Jobs is looking to hire a confident EMT to provide patients with basic life support and transport to medical facilities. The EMT will collaborate with another emergency medical personnel such as paramedics to stabilize patients, and to arrange their reception at medical facilities. You will conduct yourself in a professional manner, display a positive company image, continue your education to keep your state licensure, and acknowledge accountability for all patient care provided.
To ensure success you need to stay calm at all times and make judicious decisions. Ideal candidates are physically agile, knowledgeable, and have outstanding people skills.
- Attending crew meetings and training events.
- Operating emergency vehicles safely and proficiently.
- Responding to call-outs from dispatchers.
- Assessing patients’ conditions and responsiveness to interventions.
- Assessing nature and extent of emergency situations, and need for additional assistance.
- Mitigating incidents by helping to control crowds, protecting valuables, and performing other duties.
- Assisting another emergency medical personnel with administering Advanced Life Support.
- Organizing reception of patients at medical treatment facilities.
- Liaising with healthcare facilities regarding patients’ vital statistics.
- Maintaining vehicles, stations, and communication and medical equipment.
- Completing patient care reports and other documentation.
- Complying with applicable policies and procedures, SOPs, and medical protocols.
- High school diploma, GED, or a suitable equivalent.
- Current EMT certification.
- Valid state driver’s license and satisfactory driving record.
- CEVO ambulance certificate.
- Outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent people skills.
- Physically strong, agile, and dexterous.
- Professional manner and appearance.
Emergency Medical Technician
|31 July 2023
|£16.00 per hour
|Additional salary information:
|£16.00 an hour
|31 August 2023
|Scunthorpe, DN15 6AL
Main Duties and Responsibilities To provide and contribute to the care, effective treatment and safe transportation of patients, providing the highest standards of clinical and personal care within the hospital and pre-hospital environment.
To respond to clinical requirements of patients in a safe, timely and efficient manner as directed by a senior clinician on scene or remotely as per clinical guidelines/protocols. To ensure compliance with all guidelines, policies, procedures, protocols and Code of Conduct at all times, being personally accountable and responsible for clinical decisions made during the course of duty, ensuring patients receive the highest quality and standards of care.
When working as a crew, support the work of the senior clinician by providing effective clinical care using appropriate knowledge and skills in order to assist them make professional judgements; conduct diagnostic procedures and provide Provide effective care using appropriate knowledge and skills and adhering to clinical guidelines, protocols and policies and act within the scope of practice as defined in the role of Emergency Medical Technician.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!