- DEADLINEOctober 11, 2020
- ADD TO CALENDARGoogle Calendar
Globalshala is back with “Code with Globalshala 2.0”, a hackathon for technologists across colleges in India.
GlobaShala has always been at the forefront of identifying and nurturing talent, whether through scholarships, internships or online courses. This challenge is no different. The Hackathon hopes to recognize those students who are willing to take risks in their innovations, helping us to create technical solutions to fulfil real-world workspace demands.
This challenge will provide its participants with the opportunity to delve into the minds of an entrepreneur in order to create technologies enabling better efficiency and productivity at a workplace. If you are looking for an opportunity as unique as this, register now and know more about Code with GlobalShala!
Digital badges could be motivating to learners and useful to educators by creating a badging system for a youth-focused technology program. It helps educators track their students’ progress. They also equip learners with a tool to acknowledge their accomplishments and show what they are learning. There is great potential for badges to be valuable for the industry when it comes to hiring competent employees.
Globalshala welcomes you to build a badging platform and enable them to issue digital badges. A platform that can have digital micro-credentials that validate accomplishment, skill, quality or interest. They can be “packaged” in a digital file, represented by an icon. The file may hold the description of the badge, who issued it and the criteria required to receive it.
Employee Achievement Solutions
Every great work is done and milestones achieved by an employee deserves utmost appreciation and respect. And nothing compares better than giving out employee award titles when it comes to extending the same appreciation and respect. Efforts and hardships endured at the job deserve appreciation more than anything. These titles convey what the employee has achieved and carry the message of motivation for the other team members. Likewise, it also makes the employee stand out from the rest of the workforce as someone who is diligent and has done their job with dedication.
Help Globalshala to make their employees and interns feel appreciated and engaged by building game-changing software digital platforms for employee rewards and recognition, like performance awards, behavior and value awards, service or tenure awards, etc.
Example: WooBoard; Bonusly; HiFive
Blockchain as a technology is likely to disrupt multiple industries and make business operations more transparent, efficient & secure. We are at an exciting phase in the evolution of Blockchain-based solutions, as it provides the new infrastructure to build the next innovative applications beyond cryptocurrencies, driving profound, positive changes across businesses, communities, and society.
Ensure that you use core principles of blockchain, decentralized control, immutability, consensus mechanism, distributed storage of data and smart contracts to achieve a transparent, decentralized and trusted solution. Your submission should clearly explain how your solution leverages blockchain principles and why blockchain is the core component of your solution.
Security and transparency are critical to verifying that an earner has been issued a valid digital credential by any organization. Help Globalshala verify Digital Credential Badge issuance using blockchain.
- Scholarships: The top 3 teams will win a $5000 USD Scholarship redeemable for any course (certificate, diploma, undergraduate, postgraduate, online or in-person) at Northeastern University. (Ranked amongst the Top 50 Universities in the United States)
- Internships: The top 3 teams will also get a chance to win an Internship at GlobalShala with a stipend range of $100-120 USD.
- Amazon Vouchers: Amazon Vouchers up to $100 USD to be distributed amongst the top 10 team
Who is this for?
- Degree: B.Tech/BE/BSc/BCA/BA
- Open to all branches
- Grad Years: 2020-2023
Globalshala invites you to help create a technological revolution in business management!
- You can only team up (join or form teams) with the candidates who have registered for the hackathon. Make sure all your team members fall under the eligibility criteria. Otherwise your idea will be disqualified.
- You can either invite them via the “Send email invitation” option from the Create team option or Joining their team by browsing the list of candidates who have already registered.
- If you are able to build something like an MVP (prototype), you can submit the source codes and other fields as well under the “Submit Project” option. Please note that submitting the prototype is optional for this round. So if you are able to make a prototype before this round ends, you can go ahead and submit it. However, submitting a prototype will not bear any added advantage.
- The final submission date for this round is Oct 10th, 2020. You need to form teams and give your submissions before this time.
- For this hackathon, you are expected to come up with unique and innovative ideas. Plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- In case you want to submit a prototype and you require a dataset, you can use an external open-source dataset.
- IP Rights: By default the IP rights of the products the candidates build remain with the candidates. GlobalShala should reserve the right to use any of the products created during or for the competition.
- By allowing us to share your information with Globalshala, you have consented to receive information from GlobalShala and its partners via phone, email and/or text message. You can unsubscribe at any time.
Eligible Regions: Open for all