A Statistician is a professional who analyzes numerical data to identify trends and patterns which help inform planning and decision-making processes in an organization.
We are looking for a Statistician to join our team and analyze data and improve our organization’s competitive edge by using mathematical data to help make better decisions for planning purposes.
Statistician responsibilities include gathering numerical data, performing statistical analyses and preparing industry reports.
Ultimately, you will work with various departments to assess industry trends and identify opportunities for our organization to improve our processes.
- Create and maintain databases using statistical software programs, such as SPSS, SAS or Stata
- Ensure data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking and validation
- Analyze data using statistical techniques, formulas and calculations
- Perform statistical tests to determine the reliability and soundness of results
- Contribute to strategic planning by identifying industry trends and preparing forecasts
- Describe, interpret and summarize conclusions
- Present statistical findings to management in reports that include executive summaries, charts, tables and graphs
Requirements and skills
- Proven work experience as a Statistician or similar role
- Proficiency in statistical software programs, including SPSS and R, or equivalent
- Advanced knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas and tests
- Exceptional ability to interpret data and analyze trends, as well as preparing industry outlooks and forecasts
- Advanced business operation and industry knowledge
- Ability to liaise with other departments to coordinate data gathering
- Extensive experience in summarizing and presenting findings in reports
- Relevant training and/or certifications as a Statistician
Precision Medicine Group
- Master’s degree
- Microsoft Office
Do you consider yourself a self-starter with a real passion for projects involving innovative methods in evidence synthesis? Do you love collaborating, moving the ball forward and rolling up your sleeves? We are growing and seeking a Research Statistician to join our team in North America (working 100% remote OR out of our Vancouver, Boston, or New York offices).
Our culture is similar to that of a start-up, but in a well-funded established global portfolio organization. We pride ourselves on being leaders with vision in our field! Below are some examples of recent work we have published as part of our efforts to support our clients:
- Cope S, Chan K, Campbell H, et al. A Comparison of Alternative Network Meta-Analysis Methods in the Presence of Nonproportional Hazards: A Case Study in First-Line Advanced or Metastatic Renal Cell Carcinoma. Value in Health. 2023; Article in Press. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jval.2022.11.017
- Black C, Keeping S, Mojebi A, et al. Correlation Between Early Time-to-Event Outcomes and Overall Survival in Patients with Locally Advanced Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma Receiving Definitive Chemoradiation Therapy: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis. Frontier in Oncology. 2022;12:868490. https://doi.org/10.3389/fonc.2022.868490
- Cope S, Chan K, Jansen J. Multivariate Network Meta-Analysis of Survival Function Parameters. Research synthesis methods. 2020;11(3):443-456. https://doi.org/10.1002/jrsm.1405
We are looking for someone who:
- Demonstrates understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and medical affairs, as well as the process for systematic literature reviews
- Can perform data preparation (including graphical summaries) and analysis related to comparative efficacy with guidance from more senior members (network meta-analysis, matching-adjusted indirect comparison, simulated treatment comparison)
- Can apply more diverse or complex methods, such as (network meta-) regression, propensity-based methods, crossover methods supporting comparative or cost-effectiveness analyses with guidance from more senior team members
- Can identify considerations relevant to the synthesis of available evidence and communicate these methods within deliverables (e.g., feasibility assessments and technical reports)
What you can expect day to day:
- Contributing to deliverables under guidance of more senior team members with methodological/subject matter expertise
- Assisting with the delivery of components of projects by collaborating with other staff members to ensure high quality outputs
- Helping ensure timely delivery of project subcomponents by flagging changes to estimates of required hours
- Contributing to update slides for regular client update meetings under guidance from senior team members with methodological/subject matter expertise
- Identifying clear actions from project update meetings and aligning with project managers
- Communicating with clients on calls and sometimes supporting senior team members in revising summaries
- Contributing to the development of methods sections of proposals and presentations under guidance of more senior team members with methodological/subject matter expertise
Requisite experience and qualifications:
- 2 to 4 years’ experience in health economics and outcomes research
- Master’s degree in a subject related to statistics e.g., statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology, econometrics, or math
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Proficiency in R, JAGS/OpenBUGS & Stan; Familiarity with GitHub advantageous
Who We Are:
For today’s innovators of tomorrow’s cures, PRECISIONheor, part of Precision Medicine Group LLC, has the results-driven scientists, strategists, and solutions our client’s need to go from promises to proof, and evidence to access. We provide our clients with unified health economics and outcomes research, global pricing, access strategy and analytics, payer, and physician pull-through, and data management. We have locations across the US, as well as in Vancouver, BC and London, England.
Precision Medicine Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. © 2020 Precision Medicine Group, LLC
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact Precision Medicine Group at QuestionForHR@precisionmedicinegrp.com.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!