People experiencing tech-related difficulties with hardware or software depend on technical support representatives to make things right. If you’re a good problem-solver who enjoys interacting with others, a position as a tech support rep could prove ideal.
Tech support reps troubleshoot customer tech problems. They resolve issues related to computers, phones, tablets, modems, internet, networks, software, and the like. To that end, they perform tasks such as:
- Answering customer questions to learn about their situation
- Asking questions to get a better idea of what might be wrong
- Diagnosing and providing clear advice on what the user can do to solve their problem
- Logging information about the correspondence into the company’s system to keep a record of actions
- Maintaining composure and a positive attitude during difficult situations
- Knowing when it’s time to pass the customer to a supervisor, repair expert, or another appropriate team member for further assistance
Desirable Skills for Tech Support Representatives
Tech problems frustrate customers. Good tech support reps sympathize with the issues customers may have. They remain calm and display a positive, can-do attitude that reassures the customer that the company cares and that you will help them solve their problem.
Besides being compassionate listeners, tech support reps need the ability to think through problems. When one path doesn’t work, they must continue to analyze the situation and try other routes. Developing a solid knowledge of the product and issues that commonly arise proves valuable.
Tech support reps also should possess adequate typing and data entry skills. Organizations depend on their reps to keep timely, accurate documentation of interactions with customers.
Technical Support Representative
- Customer service
- Writing skills
- Technical support
For millions of teams working in dozens of industries, day-to-day business gets done on the phone. So why—despite the huge leaps we’ve taken in design and usability—does most business phone software still look, feel, and act like it was born in the 90s? OpenPhone is changing that.
We’re a new type of business phone with a mission to help people communicate better and be more productive.
We’re backed by Y Combinator and some of the best venture firms around including Tiger Global, Craft Ventures, Slow Ventures, and others. We take pride in providing an exceptional customer experience and a product people love, which is why we’re excited that our customers have rated us the #1 VoIP Provider on G2.
OpenPhone is the modern, sophisticated answer to the clunky, outdated phone systems that have been slowing down businesses for years. And after earning over 25,000 happy customers and 56M in funding in just four years, it’s safe to say we’re onto something big.
Do you love helping customers?
Do you thrive in autonomous, fast-paced environments? Do you want to make a major impact at a high-growth startup?
As the Customer Experience Representative at OpenPhone, you’ll represent the voice of the customer to our product team and play a key role in the development of our best-in-class customer service. Alongside your team, you will assist hundreds of customers weekly, making sure they get the most out of using OpenPhone by answering any questions and troubleshooting technical issues.
Here are some things you’ll do
- Support OpenPhone customers and prospects by answering questions via email, phone, and text (using OpenPhone, of course)
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues reported by customers
- Escalate and report technical issues to the engineering team
- Communicate technical solutions to customers in a clear and concise manner
- Maintain accurate records of customer interactions and resolutions to issues
- Identify operational inefficiencies and recommend process improvements
- Turn customer questions into useful content – articles, how-to videos, saved replies, etc
- Translate customer needs and feature requests into recommendations for our product team
- Identify potential high-growth accounts and sales opportunities and hand them off to our customer success team
- Create and update internal customer support documentation as needed
- Collaborate cross-functionally with our sales and social media teams to support their customers and ensure their issues are resolved promptly
- Participate in training sessions and team meetings to improve technical and customer service skills
- We’re hiring for a range of experience. Preferably, you have 1-4 years of professional experience. (Prior work experience at a startup is a plus!)
- Proven experience in a technical support or customer service role
- You’ve demonstrated skills and passion for handling customer questions and issues resourcefully and with empathy
- You are a great communicator and have attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- You can troubleshoot technical issues and are not afraid to get into the nitty-gritty
- You are excited about being a part of an early-stage company and want to build alongside a team of passionate people
- You’re excited to improve and grow your skill set continually, both inside the current role and grow beyond it
We’re looking for someone able to work one of the three schedules:
Tuesday-Saturday: 9AM – 5PM PST
Tuesday-Saturday: 10AM – 6PM PST
Sunday – Thursday: 9AM – 5PM PST
Sunday – Thursday: 10AM – 6PM PST
Wednesday – Sunday 9AM – 5PM PST
Wednesday – Sunday 10AM – 6PM PST
As a fully remote company, we thrive asynchronously as a team. We are curious, ambitious, and dedicated to our work. We value trust above all else, and have a strong bias for action. If you’re looking for a place to do your life’s work, please get in touch. We’d love to hear from you.
And remember, there’s no such thing as a ‘perfect’ candidate. We’re looking for optimists with grit and determination, who are excited to face the challenges of a growing startup. OpenPhone is the type of company where you can grow, and we encourage you to apply for this role even if you don’t think you meet all the requirements.
We are committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. It is important that you are able to bring your authentic self to work every day. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best!!