UNICEF is hiring for International Internship Public Sector Partnerships
Background about UNICEF and context of the position
The UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia (ROSA) works in eight countries to save children’s lives, defend their rights, and help them fulfill their potential; this includes Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka. UNICEF ROSA is dedicated to advancing the rights of all children in South Asia, especially the most disadvantaged.
UNICEF South Asia is now working to implement the new UNICEF Strategic Plan for 2022 – 2025 for more targeted efforts. Key priorities for the region include but are not limited to bridging the digital divide, addressing severe stunting and wasting, addressing mental health, especially amongst adolescents, and engaging the private sector to diversify UNICEF’s income base in South Asia. ROSA operates under the leadership and management of the Regional Director for South Asia.
Background about the Position and Purpose
The purpose of this internship is to support the Public Partnerships team of the UNICEF Regional Office for South Asia. This internship provides the selected candidate with exposure to the working environment of a multilateral organization and a better understanding of management at the executive level.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Research as required for tailored donor profiles for the region.
- Scan the new funding opportunities for the Regional Office and/or Country Offices
- Provide support for financial analysis of income trends.
- Consolidating essential information into, for example, report summaries or briefing notes
- Attending exclusive meetings, taking note of the most important information, as well as, action items and drafting post-meeting follow-up notes to be distributed to all parties
- Other tasks as needed, including supporting internal processes, research, Regional Office or Country Office projects.
Requirements for the Internship
- At least 18 years old and enrolled in both undergraduate or graduate program, or have graduated from one within the past two years
- Background in management, administration, communication, journalism, or similar discipline
- Excellent academic performance as demonstrated by recent university or institution records
Fluency in written and spoken English
Skills and Competencies
- Strong research and analytical skills, including the ability to distil lengthy and often complex content into brief summaries
- Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and be flexible in daily workings
- Ability to work in a diverse environment
- Knowledge of standard Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and sharing platforms such as SharePoint
- No immediate relatives (e.g., Father, mother, brother, sister) working in any UNICEF office, and have no other relatives in the line of authority which the intern will report to
(1) Builds and maintains partnerships(2) Demonstrates self-awareness and ethical awareness(3)Drive to achieve results for impact(4)Innovates and embraces change(5) Manages ambiguity and complexity(6)Thinks and acts strategically(7)Works collaboratively with others
Closing Date : 12 Dec 2023 Nepal Standard Time
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Canada
- LATEST Entry-Level Jobs In Australia
- LATEST Jobs At The United Nations
- LATEST Visa Sponsorship Jobs
- LATEST Entry Unskilled Jobs
- LATEST Fruit Picking Jobs
- LATEST Caregiver Jobs
- LATEST News And MORE!
God Bless And All The Best !!